TeaSugar is India’s first dedicated aggregator for beverages and Snacks. We consider its vital for preventive health, TeaSugar emerged out of personal experience. We found that the right intake of antioxidants, in time in the taking of snacks can support a healthy lifestyle. Accessibility for the same was missing and TeaSugar made it happen.
Founder: Arun S Hirehal, Masters degree in Digital Electronics and a decade experience in semiconductors domain in various roles from design to business development. Last employment with Avnet India handling Xilinx Business.
Co-founder: Sangamesh Mantur, having a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and worked in FMCG company in Marketing and Business Development.
Other team members Sindhu Naik, workers for SBI bank for 2 years and after her MBA graduation from IIM Ranchi joined EasIest to support HR & operations, Mr.Vinay Kulkarni Digital Marketing lead and Srisha supports internal operations.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning i.e what’s your source of motivation?
Our Healthy Goal of providing our Customers Healthy Beverages and Healthy Snacks…..
The healthy beverages and Snacks keeps us energetic and active all the time
- Why should people choose your product/services?
We provide a wide range of brands and varieties at a common point. Flexible buying options and value-added services. Our Home fresh, Office fresh, fitness fresh and travel fresh boxes are the best example…
- What’s your competitive advantage and why can’t it be copied?
We first dedicated aggregator platform for Beverages and Snacks, we have pitched multiple Strategies to get the maximum market share.
- What risks are you facing?
Technology upgradation and timely scalability
- Have you considered any alliance/partnership?
Yes…..we aligned with direct selling company called Infine Idea technologies Rajajinagar, Bengaluru. Provides customers drink and earn option.
We are open for partnerships and alliance as it’s key for timely growth and expansion.
- What are your cash flow projections? When will you break even? How much will you need in investments?
50 lakhs to 1 crore. Operations across all metro cities need $ 5 million plus to start.
- What comes first for your money or emotions?
It’s not money or emotions, our commitment to deliver value to customers for beverages and Snacks
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Ability to design New beverages and understand the various brands and their quality and nutritional values. T-Brek Protein tea Premix is an example. We are first in India to Introduce Protein Tea Premix.
As of now, weakness as such is to bring in the required operating capital and workforce to scale.
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
Introduction of Home Fresh, Office fresh, CarBar & MyofficeCafe concepts which are first from TeaSugar. Also the T Brek Protein Tea and T Brek Black Lemon Green Tea.
- How do you handle the pressure?
We can handle any pressure when we stay with it and play with it and smell it early.
- If you sold your company today, what would be the tone of the conversation? What would you want to gain? What would you want to avoid losing?
At this stage we can not think of selling it….we want to go global…..Vision is big and Value creation is huge.
- What advice would you give to someone starting out?
Follow your passion, focus on value creation, plan your capital, follow the forecast and action plans in time…
The war is won in mind first and then on the field ….. works strongly.